30 September 2010

A Little Bit About Me

My name is Greg. I am a 25-year-old (soon to be 26) full time student attending Columbus State Community College in Columbus, Ohio, majoring in Criminal Justice.

My blog that I will be sharing with you dealing with how running fits in our lives. There are a few things about running I do know about... First, running is a great way for weight loss. Secondly, it is an excellent way to relieve stress. Lastly, it’s something that gets you out of that chair in front of the television and outdoors breathing in fresh air and enjoy what beautiful scenery you might have in your neighborhood, town, or city.

There are some aspects of running I really don’t know how it pertains to fit in our lives and that is what I hope to accomplish with this blog and share with you. I would like to look into the social views/aspects, the way running is portrayed in economic values and over all how it is changing our everyday lives.

I’d like to share a few, three to be exact, interesting facts about me. First, I am enlisted member of the Ohio Air National Guard and have been for the last six years and looking forward to a very long and successful career. Second, for the last three and a half years, I’ve lived overseas in Europe, mainly in the city of Kaiserslautern, Germany, which is located in the southwest region of Germany in the state Rheinland Pfalz. Lastly, I am a avid believer in our Second Amendment: The Right to Bear Arms.

For those of you who might be courious and staring at my profile picture, I will tell you why I chose it. I took this picture near the town of Sainte-Mère-Église in France. It is a memorial for those who parachuted in on 6 June 1944 and liberated the town, which was one of the first towns, liberated in Operation Boston as part of the D-Day Invasion. It reminds me of ultimate sacrifices that our fathers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers, and so on who have given dearly, the cost for our freedom.



http://runairmanrun.blogspot.com/2010/09/little-bit-about-me.html
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I do agree strongly with you about how running relieves stress. I personally haven't been able to get out and go running in 5-5 1/2 years due to the lack of time, family problems, and my own medical problems. I used to be in track throwing the discus when I was 13 but had to turn in my shorts the day before our first track meet because I sprained my ankle really bad and had shin splints. It sucked because being in track was really the only way for me to get out of the house more rather than be coped up in my room all the time and just being able to run everyday after school really helped me get into shape because even though I was skinny I was so out of shape that it wasn't even funny.

    ReplyDelete